Biden signs 17 executive orders hours after entering the Oval Office. In doing so he sweeps aside some of President Trump’s more controversial policies.
- Revoking travel bans on some Muslim majority countries
- The halting of the US-Mexico border wall construction
- Directed the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice to take appropriate measures to fortify Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- Revoking orders to exclude undocumented individuals from the census and apportionment of Congressional representatives.
- Memorandum reinstating deportation protections for Liberian immigrants
- Establishing a position of coordinator of the COVID-19 response
- Masks must be worn on federal property
- Reversal of the order removing the US from the World Health Organisation
- Executive order extending moratorium on evictions and foreclosures
- A pause on student loans
- Rejoining the Paris Climate Accords
- Stopping the Keystone Pipeline ang halting leasing for gas and oil permits in the Arctic.
- The promotion of racial equality
- An order barring discrimination based on gender and sex
- Executive order requiring ethics pledge for government appointees
- Memorandum “modernizing” regulatory review
Read More: The Hill